COVID-19 Safety measures
Please check the potential exposures link to ensure you and no one in your bubble have been to them. If so DO NOT BOOK, if you have an appointment CANCEL IMMEDIATELY! Potential Exposures Link
We are implementing new studio procedures for artists and clients, to help prevent and fight COVID19. We feel these extra stages in protection will ensure you’re safety, as well as our own, during this unprecedented time. All of our clients will be screened prior to their appointments. To ensure they and their household, are in good health with no COVID19 symptoms.
Please check the Nova Scotia exposures list to ensure you HAVE NOT BEEN to any of the locations. Nova Scotia Exposure List.
Clients will be required to wear a mask while in the studio. If you do not have your own mask, one will be provided for a fee. Client’s masks may not be removed until the client leaves the studio.
Clients are asked to keep all belongings with them at all times. DO NOT touch anything that's not necessary or place personal items down on counters.
We are accepting appointments only; appointments will be staggered to prevent multiple clients from arriving at the same time.
You can also check out the NS COVID19 site for further information on symptoms at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/when-to-seek-help/ If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed, please reschedule your appointment and call 811.
Check List for Artist and Client Safety:
- If you in a high risk job or environment or in a high risk health category, we ask you please do not book right now. Anything in home care, dental, or medical fields.
- All clients MUST wear a mask when in the studio, unless you are exempt due to medical reasons.. You can bring your own, or we will have them available for purchase at the studio. You must wear it the entire time you’re in the studio.
- We will ask you to use the provided hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon arrival
- If you bring it in with you, it has to leave with you. Drinks, packages, personal items, anything that’s yours, leaves when you do. You must bring everything in single, closed bag
- We will do most of our consultations by email, to cut back on unnecessary in person visits and limit contact. If we feel an in person consultation is needed, we will book you a consult ahead of time to ensure client arrival staggering in the studio is upheld.
- If you need to bring a support friend we can only allow it when the numbers are low. This can change daily as we are updated on new exposures and numbers. Always check to see if you can bring in someone don't assume you can.
- If you have traveled out of province, we ask you to wait a minimum of 2 weeks before booking an appointment at the studio. If you have been in contact with someone who has traveled, we ask you to do the same, wait 2 weeks after contact before booking.
- Please be honest when answering your health questions, we want to keep everyone safe, including ourselves
- We will not be doing walk in appointments, you must call ahead first and book. If we have an opening that day, we will gladly book you in after you answer all health check questions.
- I’m sad to say I can no longer offer drinks at the studio, and the candy jar is also being retired, for now.
- We are staggering our clients to maintain social distancing, so please don't arrive on time!!! Not early or late.
- Aftercare will now be emailed to you, if you require a paper copy, let us know.
If you are sick or if you’re showing any symptoms of illness and you arrive at the studio, you will be asked to re-book. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy during this time, and need your help to do so.
Most Common Symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement
Follow us on Facebook for current updates